Friday, March 25, 2011

Smoked Cider

The smoked cider keeps coming out. It’s a blend I am pretty happy with, and I am digging the response. Not everyone likes it, but I appreciate everyone that has tried it and given feedback. Besides practice and education, that’s another way I can learn.  Though one person, and I do mean ONE person,  did suggest I add a lot of sugar to it to sweeten it up, I probably will not be doing that.
I think a few things can improve it.  More time to condition, a different yeast in the base batch, and a different base blend. Some said it was too smokey, and others that it was not smokey enough. My feeling was that the smoke level was fine, it just needed a tweak in other ways. Edelweiss did a fantastic job for me, as I am sure they will again do in the future.

Jason Coatney, “the muralist”,  and I are also working on a label for it, as I think it would be fun to bottle it at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment