Wednesday, February 23, 2011

TV or no TV???

     When it was a little slow the other night, Erin and I sat around the bar and played some cribbage. Here and there, we had people enjoying some conversation, reading, and playing darts.
     We had originally planned on having a TV for Timbers matches. We thought it would be a lot of fun, and a great way to support our local favorite team. That was the original plan. Plans have a funny way of changing.
     I think adding a TV to our little cider bar would be a mistake, and we aren't going to do it. It is hard to go out, and find a place without TV. I don't necessarily think TVs in certain bars are bad, I just do not think one here would be wise. I think it would ruin the vibe that we have.
     I know some bars that I avoid for one reason or another, and some of those reasons include "having the big game" on. I think it not only distracts from conversation, but more often than not distracts the bartender from doing what they are supposed to be doing, tending the bar.  I also think a big crowd here, for the big game, would turn off some of our clientele that we have worked hard building up over the past few months.
     So, long blog short, no TV.
    

1 comment: